I am really coming along with my soap business. I can't believe it! I really felt like it was just another nice dream, but I really am going to have my own small business making and selling soaps. I am so excited. I was not aware however, how time consuming it would be! I read once that making the actual soap should only be 10% of your time. The other 90% is working on the business, marketing, etc. I wish making soap was 100% of the time, but it is a business so I have to sell it too!
I have my Washington state business license and a reseller's permit. I've applied for a city of Tacoma business license and a home based business permit. I got samples of packaging materials, picked out what I want to use, and ordered them. I have worked on my Etsy listings so I can open my shop when I am ready. I need to get insurance, make lots more soap, and take lots of good photos for the listings. I still have a lot to do, but I am making so much progress. I am pretty proud of myself for sticking to this. It's scary opening a business and putting money into it. It's risky since the market is completive. I want to do it though, so I am putting 100% into it.
It's late and time for bed. Good night! :)