Jesse's mom put on a family reunion on the 22nd. I got to meet more of Jesse's family at this fun event. Not only was it a reunion, but we just got married along with Jesse's brother. It was a celebration.
Holy cow! So much has happened since we have gotten married, and it's only been 2 1/2 weeks!
Our honeymoon was amazing: couples massage, comedy club, bowling, dancing, melting pot, chihuly museum, teatro zinzanni, bahama breeze, and a lot more food...
Teatro ZinZanni fun!
Jesse has gone back to both of his jobs. He is a busy busy bee now, working everyday of the week. The first week was definitely the hardest.
My grandparents were in a car accident on the 4th. Five hours later my grandmother (stepdad's mom) passed away at the hospital. My grandfather has broken ribs, fingers, a leg, and an arm. The two people in the other vehicle died at the scene. This was very sudden and shocking to the whole family. It has been difficult. :(
Ashley with her grandparents - June 2012 for graduation.
Jesse's brother got married. We attended their wedding on the 7th. His brother and his new wife have a beautiful 3 year old daughter who was the flower girl. It was a very nice wedding.
On the 8th we went to Jesse's dad's house for a family reunion. I met a lot of Jesse's family for the first time. So that has been the past 2 1/2 weeks. What will we be working on in the next month or so...
Jesse leaves for China with his grandmother on October 9th for 2 1/2 weeks. He wants to save up this and get himself a working laptop before he leaves.
I am planning to work on clearing out her storage unit this coming weekend. I also just joined a gym. Crossfit was too expensive for us, so a regular ole gym membership will have to suffice - luckily they offer a few classes. I am excited to try Zumba! I also plan to upgrade my sad broken iPhone 4 to the new iPhone 5S. Today it was released that they will start selling them on the 20th. Hopefully an iPad is in my future too - probably a refurbished one from Apple.
As you can see, we have been doing and going through a lot, and will continue to do so indefinitely ;)
We got married on August 24th at 2pm in front of a beautiful and gigantic tree. It was a beautiful day and will be wonderful memories for us as the years pass by.
Here are Ashley's vows to Jesse:
· I, Ashley, take you, Jesse, to be my husband.
· I vow to strive to be the person you believe I can be in my marriage, relationships, and career.
· I promise you my deepest love, my fullest devotion, my tenderest care through the pressures of the present and the uncertainties of the future.
· I promise to love you, to commit to you, to take care of you, and be faithful to you.
· I vow to be your cheerleader and support your goals.
· I pledge to respect your unique talents and abilities, to lend you strength for all of your dreams.
· I promise to remember that neither of us is perfect and I will love you in all of your forms, now and forever.
· I vow to never give up.
· I promise to try to always tell good stories.
· I will fight for you and have your back, because we are a team.
· From this day forward, you shall never walk alone.
· My heart will be your shelter and my arms will be your home.
· As I have given you my hand to hold, I give you my life to keep.
Here are Jesse's vows to Ashley:
I Jesse take you Ashley, to be my wife, to hold
and to have from this day forward. I promise to be true to you in good times
and in bad, and vow to be faithful in sickness and in health.
I will love and honor you all the days of my
I promise to be caring, committed, and
trustworthy, placing your well being above my own.
I vow to change with you…. and navigate through
life together as a team.
I promise to honor my role as husband and
exhibit grace whenever possible.
I will forsake all things that might stand
between our love, and from this day forward, wherever we may be in relation to
one and other, let the world know your love is with me, on my hand and in my