Monday, July 28, 2014

Week 12

I'm already 12 weeks! I can't believe it! Technically I'm 12 weeks and 4 days, so almost 13 weeks. Time seems to be flying by. 


How many weeks?: 12 Weeks

How big is baby?: Apricot or Plum

Gender: Unknown! I just made the anatomy scan appointment for September 10th and have now planned to do a gender reveal brunch on September 13th. We won't even know until we cut open the cake! Is it blue or pink cake?!

Weight Gain: I think 3 pounds.

Maternity Clothes: Definitely not wearing any yet. Most days in the summer I wear flowy dresses and I am really not big enough for those clothes yet. However, I bought some shirts (2 nice & 2 tanktops) at Zuliliy today. I probably won't buy any more for a while, but I am trying to not make it too expensive all at once!

Nursery: I only have my ideas for now. It will be elephant themed (my favorite animal) with grey and white colors. Once we know the gender I can see what other splash of colors I want to add. We haven't moved into our house yet as it's a short sale. Sounds like it will be another 2-3 months. BUT the room will be painted a light grey.

Symptoms: I still have an upset tummy for the first few hours I am awake. Some days are better than others. I seem to have a bad case of pregnancy brain as well.

Cravings: Carbs mainly. And cold foods. I have been so hot lately with the weather, I just want cereal with cold milk, fruit Popsicles, etc. Nothing too crazy. I haven't really had the "I need this food now" craving.

Sleep: I haven't had as many dreams in the last week or two, but I am still getting them. I feel like they are affecting my sleep, and I hope they aren't very often. I wake up at least once to pee usually around 2:30am.

What I Miss: Cold roast beef sandwiches. 

Best Moment This Week: Getting some baby items! We got a Mariners onesie at the baseball game. I won a raffle on a FB BST group for a Aden & Anais swaddle blanket. Jesse also then decided to get us the Elephant dream blanket from Aden & Anais because it's so awesome. Friday I picked up 2 baby items from my sister's auntie that she gave us and Saturday morning we got a few things at garage sales. Wow! So many baby items for one week!

What am I looking forward to?: My appointment on Thursday. I am getting the genetic screening done and I will be able to see baby! Yay!

Next Appointment: July 31st at 3pm for the nuchal translucency screening. This includes blood work and an ultrasound.

No comments:

Post a Comment