Tuesday, February 10, 2015

40 Weeks & 4 Days Appointment

Today I had my weekly midwife appointment. Here's an update on what is going on:

  • I am finally dilated - 1cm. Tried to do a membrane sweep, but Emily wasn't far enough in the pelvis so she couldn't. But the scar tissue was all gone!! :)
  • There is too much (who know it was possible) amniotic fluid so little Emily is basically just moving all over the place. She hasn't been in my pelvis very far, so I need to lessen the fluid so she has less run to move. We need to make sure she can get into my pelvis so we know for sure she fits and because she is too high for labor right now. So I will be taking mag-cal vitamins, epsom salt baths, and drinking drinks with electrolytes every day.
  • I also need to use the breast pump, walk, do the miles circuit, and take evening primrose oil daily to help move things along.
  • My midwife will try to make an appt for Thursday (2 days) for an ultrasound biophysical to make sure everything looks good for baby to stay another week. 
  • My next appointment is Tuesday the 17th. Let's hope I don't make it to that appointment though!! :)
  • The 18th would be trying induction methods at the birthing center. The 20th I would go to the hospital for a medical induction (pitocin). This is the plan if all else fails.
Let's hope she comes sooner than later though! :)



Edited to add:

40 weeks & 6 days - I had my biophysical profile ultrasound. Emily is weighing approximately 7 pounds & 11 ounces. She is a happy little camper - she is practicing breathing, the amniotic fluid was a 13 AFI (norm is 8-18) which is good, and everything seemed fine. They will send the information to my midwife now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment