Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Cooking Project!

I got 40 pounds of ground beef from Zaycon Fresh on Tuesday. It's Wednesday night and I'm still working with it! :'( It's such a big project to do with a baby. 

So far used this much ground beef:

  • 5 pounds for sloppy joes (Wednesday)
  • 5 pounds for enchilada meat (Tuesday)
  • 5 pounds for spaghetti sauce (Wednesday)
  • 10 pounds for taco meat. (Tuesday)
I still need to do:
  • 5 more pounds for spaghetti sauce
  • 5 pounds of raw (need to package by the pound)
  • 5 pounds of browned ground beef
The spaghetti sauce was BY FAR the most time consuming to do because I had to chop up 1 onion and 1 bell pepper per pound - so 5 of each. For the 5 pounds, I had to slice a pound of mushrooms and do 40 garlic cloves. I should really try to chop up more onions/peppers tonight, but I am exhausted and it's already after 9pm. I am really not looking forward to making another 5 pounds of it. I have to make to batches of 2.5 pounds because I don't have a pot big enough for 5 pounds. 

I am already committed to this, so I will deal with it. I have packaged everything in about 1 pound packages as that's about what we eat. We are going to have A TON of meals so I am not sad about that. 3 hard days of work for months of easy meals makes it not so bad at all! :)

Let's pray Emily will actually nap tomorrow for a good nap so I can finish this project up before Jesse gets home tomorrow. That would be a miracle! 

No comments:

Post a Comment